Based on the results of our 2013 and 2014 case studies, we found the quality of data from using the mobile technology likely improved by eliminating potential errors introduced during the manual transfer of data from paper datasheets to an electronic database. The efficiencies gained in the documentation and distribution of the data resulted in substantial cost savings, even when considering some of the upfront costs of training and pre-survey preparation of automated data forms and creation of the Project specific GIS data in the mobile GIS app system. In addition, this technology is extremely adaptable and can be applied to survey data in a variety of disciplines aside from biology, including documentation of cultural resources surveys, geotechnical data, and other engineering data that may be needed for the Project.
- The Value of Mobile GIS and the Power of Cloud Computing in Natural Resource Management
- Android Eos Tools Pro Interface for Arrow Tutorial Video
- Fast Field Work: Collector for ArcGIS and High Accuracy GPS
- Criterion RD 1000 Basal Area Factor-Scope and Dendrometer Explained
- Anatum Named A Top 25 Field Service Provider in 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About GPS for Switching to Mobile GIS
- Matt and Esri Co-teach Collector Workshops
- CSU Monterey Bay Tackles High-Accuracy RTK and Elevations with Collector
- Adding GNSS Metadata Fields for Esri Collector
- Are You Taking Full Advantage of Your Esri Software?
Posted by Matt on 1/18/2016 to Knowledge Base
Recent technological advancements in the form of tablets with mobile GIS software paired through Bluetooth with external GPS receivers are providing new opportunities to aerial surveyors that can substantially increase efficiency and accuracy while simultaneously reducing potential impacts to wildlife. GPS receivers that we have used include the Arrow 100 for submeter accuracy and the Bad Elf GPS Pro with 2.5-meter accuracy. The appropriate GPS receiver depends on your projects accuracy requirements.
Posted by AFS on 1/5/2016 to Knowledge Base
Video tutorial for the interface app by Eos for the Arrow receiver product line. Eos Tools Pro for iOS.